The Freshest Tasting Dinner
- 1 box Taboule Wheat Mix
Make Taboule as directed on the box. After you chill it in fridge for 30 minutes, then add the below ingredients. Stir it all up, let sit in fridge minimum 1 hour or overnight.
- 1 medium Tomato chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil chopped (or pulled to pieces by hand)
- 4 oz. Feta Cheese fat-free, crumbled ‘Herbed’ Tomato & Basil flavor. Comes in a 6 oz. plastic tub, purchased at Fry’s in the gourmet cheese section. I’m sure it would taste okay to use plain Feta Cheese.
- Optional: 2 Tablespoon chopped or slivered almonds
- 1 large Cucumber sliced or diced (set aside for now)
- 1/4 cup light Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced Garlic (I buy the kind in a jar, already minced)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
Blend it all till pretty liquidized, I use the Magic Bullet. DO NOT put the cucumber in the blender. After blending it all up, pour mixture into a bowl, now add the diced cucumbers, stir it all up, add a pinch of salt & some fresh black pepper, & now ready to serve.